Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Happy New Year!


2016? Wow how did that get here already. 2015 will surely be a year I will never forget, honestly I think it's been the greatest year of my life thus far. I have many many things to be grateful for, but I owe a massive thank you to Senator George Mitchell as well as the state of Maine for making the year of 2015 so special for me. The experiences I have had, the people I have met, and the places I've traveled wouldn't of been possible without this incredible opportunity. Ireland has become a home to me more now than ever, it's even to the point where in conversation when people ask me "oh ye here on holiday?" I look at them confused as I forgot I'm actually from the U.S. I have learned so much from this experience not only in school and about the Irish culture, but especially about myself, being able to overcome many obstacles, changing habits and conforming to a different lifestyle. It's been such a pleasure living in Cork and studying at CIT that I've actually decided to stay a second semester to continue on this journey. I will continue with this blog over the next few months as well. Although I won't be here as a Mitchell scholar, still be writing about Travels around Ireland and Europe and the experiences of being a Corkian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment